Sunday, June 28, 2009

everyone needs at least ONE friend


I read an article in Teen Vogue about how friends are super competitive with each other these days. As in making out with a friend's previous hook up just to prove they can or lying about grades, etc, etc. They call it the "Gossip Girl" effect.
This made me really upset for some reason! Maybe it's because I find that it's really sad that friends are competing with each other. Is it just me or do other people feel that their friends are not competition, but friends? If my friends do better than me, I'm proud of them!! It's like yes I know her/him, aren't they amazing?
Albeit, friends and acquaintances are completely different cases in my book, not to mention the classmates we have to tolerate. If an acquaintance does better than me, then, yeah there is some jealousy and if a tolerated classmate does better than it's like "F***." But friends are such a different matter. So please, if you find yourself feeling jealousy over one of your friend's accomplishments, step back and ask yourself why? Isn't the point of a friend to support and encourage and confide in each other? Instead of focusing on her/his accomplishments, focus on what you've done. You can proud of your accomplishment and your friends!
So here is my message to my friends: We have our moments of irritation at each other, but at the end of the day I will defend you, I will listen to you, I will trust you, and I will cheer for you.

I hope everyone has at least one friend they feel like that towards!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Teen Vogue! Maybe its just the need for thing that they do not have that makes them competitive! Taking jealousy to a new level! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree. you don't need a lot..just a few good ones. thank you for your comment. i'm adding you to my roll!
    x
    www.tittees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you! I struggle with friends over here and I miss my friends back home that I had when I was little. But I had to move on. I don't have many friends but I dont really mind either, we get on great even though we deff irritate each other at times..

    xx

    ReplyDelete